If you are one of our customer’s whose policy is with Plymouth Rock we want you to know that starting May 1st, they are now offering a new endorsement that extends liability and physical damage coverages afforded by a private personal auto policy for vehicles providing services enabled by Transportation Network Company (TNC) such as Uber and Lyft.
Below are a few highlights about Plymouth Rock to ensure your covered as an Uber or Lyft Driver.
The coverage is extended through the period from when the driver is on the TNC app and is available to, but has not yet, accepted an assignment.
The coverage is excess to any coverage provided by the TNC commercial policy.
The coverage provided by the TNC commercial policy is still the only coverage applicable once an assignment has been accepted.
The coverage adds 7% to the price of the bodily injury, personal injury protection, property damage, collision and comprehensive coverages of the endorsed vehicle.
The Coverage should be added to any vehicle that is used for providing TNC-enabled services.
- It does not matter which platform the driver is using – Uber, Lyft, Fasten, SAFR, any other company registered with the MA Dept. of Public Utilities.
- The coverage does not apply to drivers who are driving for UberBlack or other livery services that are provided with a commercial or livery license plate vehicle.
- No restrictions on how many companies the driver is registered with, how often they drive for the company, or what services they are providing – rides and deliveries are both acceptable
- There are no additional restrictions on the eligible drivers in terms of incident history or driver experience
- There are no additional restrictions on the vehicle in terms of makes or models
There are more and more drivers using their own vehicles for Uber and Lyft. The standard private passenger auto policies excludes coverage for such vehicles. The commercial policies for drivers using Uber or Lyft do not provide enough coverage to account for the exclusion.
- Piece of Paper: The PRAC’s TNC Auto Coverage is your answer to the new state regulations that require drivers to disclose to their insurers if they are driving for a TNC and get an acknowledgement from their insurer in order to become TNC-certified
- Peace of Mind: It assures that a claim will not be denied and a policy will not be canceled for TNC-related material representation
- Getting the best coverage available for your vehicle for all the time you need it
The new coverage can be purchased on new business or added midterm on all policies with current term effective date on or after May 1st, 2017.
At John Andrade Insurance we are here to answer all your questions during the transition to ensure that your coverages and payments are set up correctly. Feel free to call us at (401) 253-6542 and visit our Facebook page.